What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is the surgery to cut off excessive fat from the body
Is Bariatric Surgery and Liposuction Same?
The answer for the question is no, i.e., both of them are not same. Liposuction refers to the surgery which acts like shaping a sculpture like sucking out the excess fat from the belly, double chin, arms etc. whereas in case of bariatric surgery, it is done internally on the intestine in order to reduce the calorie consumption and improve the metabolism.
E.g. Sucking of excess tyre from tummy / sucking of excess fat from thigh / sucking of double chin fat etc.; whereas bariatric surgery is a surgery done on intestinal system to reduce calorie consumption and metabolization.
Who Can Go for Bariatric Surgery?
Candidates who fulfills the following criteria like:
- A BMI of more than 35 kg / m2 or having a weight of 30 kg more than the normal weight
- A BMI of more than 30 kg / m2 for the patients having diabetes
- Candidates who have not progressed with other medical weight reduction techniques
- Candidates between the age of 16 years to 80 years
- Candidates with obesity at least 3 to 5 years
- The candidates has to be psychologically sound