Is Bariatric study and liposuction same?
The answer is no for the question, i.e., both of them are not same. Liposuction refers to the surgery which acts like shaping a sculpture like sucking out the excess fat from the belly, double chin, arms etc. whereas in case of bariatric surgery, it is done internally on the intestine in order to reduce the calorie consumption and improve the metabolism.
E.g. Sucking of excess tyre from tummy / sucking of excess fat from thigh / sucking of double chin fat etc. Whereas Bariatric surgery is a surgery done on intestinal system to reduce calorie consumption and metabolization.
Who can go for Bariatric surgery?
People who fulfils the following criteria like
- A BMI of more than 37.5 kg / m2 or having a weight of 30 kg more than the normal weight
- A BMI of more than 32.5 kg / m2 for the patients having diabetes
- Patients who have not progressed with other medical weight reduction techniques
- The patients has to be between the age of 16 years to 80 years
- The patients has been an obese for a continuous 3 to 5 years
- The patients has to be psychologically sound
- The patients should not consume alcohol.